Working In Canada
WORKING IN CANADA
Canada is a land of opportunities for foreign skilled workers, according to the official website of Canadian Citizenship and Immigration, Every year; over 150,000 foreign workers enter Canada to work temporarily in jobs that help Canadian employers address skill shortages, or to work as live-in caregivers. There is shortage of skilled workers all over Canada, specially in interior British Columbia and provinces like Manitoba, Nova Scotia Prince Edward Island and Alberta, connect to these employers by creating and uploading your video resume on our site.
In Canada, for certain professions every province has its own licensing and regulatory requirements, if you acquired your education and skills from a country other than Canada, you may be asked to get a license or to be registered with a regulatory body. In order to do so a credential evaluation / trade assessment will be needed to complete the professional certification. We assist you in both processes. send your details for assessment and evaluation of your options. In case you need a trade certification our online workshops can help you to prepare for your Red-Seal Certification Exam.
Your employer may need to get a labour market impact (LMIA) to hire you. This is a document from the Government of Canada that gives your employer permission to hire a foreign worker.If you have found an employer in Canada, we can assist your employer in this application process
You must meet the requirements to:
- enter the country,
- stay in Canada and
- get a work permit.
A work permit does not let you live in Canada permanently. For you to become Permanent Resident, you must qualify under one of many Canadian Immigration Categories. Your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children may apply to come to Canada with you.
- Find out available jobs in your field, by visiting official or private websites (such as Job Bank, Craigs List, Kijji, Monster etc)
- If employers are looking for some one like you, prepare an impressive resume and reply to the ads with your resume. You can seek assistance from our professional staff for better looking resume, you can also use our free online video resume services, to present your self in a more affective way to your potential employers
- If any company shows interest in hiring you, then the company would have to apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) formally known as LMO
- The LMIA application is to be submitted to Service Canada
There are following four categories of LMIAs:
- LMIA - to hire a high skilled worker (not supporting the permanent residence of the worker)
- LMIA - to hire semi or low skilled worker (not supporting the permanent residence of the worker, LMIA for low or semi skilled worker position is always for temporary position, in certain cases, the temporary workers may become eligible to apply to the province where they work, for nomination to apply for permanent residency) this category also includes the Live in caregiver positions, which has its own process leading towards immigration.
- LMIA - to hire a Trade Worker (this application could be either to support the permanent residency of the applicant only, OR permanent residency and work permit both)
- LMIA - to hire Skilled Worker (this application could be either to support the permanent residency of the applicant only, OR permanent residency and work permit both)
- Once the LMIA is approved, your employer must provide you with the copy of LMIA, and you will be required to apply for Work Visa from outside of Canada (this is applicable if you need a visa to travel to Canada), a work permit is issued at the port of entry, when you arrive in Canada. (in some scenrios, work permit application may be submitted in side Canada, however, its most of the time to be applied from outside of Canada)
- You are suppose to leave Canada after your work permit expires
- If you wish to apply for extension of work permit, in most cases another LMIA approval shall be required.
Complete this form, and submit to our professional staff, you will be contacted within 2 business days by our company with a solution Apply today!
Canada needs workers and immigrants are key, says Bank of Canada governor