Quebec Skilled Worker
Each year, Québec receives thousands of immigrants whose skills respond to particular market needs and make it easier for them to find work. Perhaps you could also have this opportunity.
- Because immigrants to Québec find good job opportunities and one of the best qualities of life in the world both in urban centers and outlying regions
- Because in Québec you can achieve your goals, push your limits and expand your horizons
- Because Québec allows you to lead a full life. It’s as simple as that!
If you are currently living in Québec for work or studies and would like to settle permanently, you can apply under Québec experience program. It makes permanent immigration quick and easy
The permanent selection application process is now based on the expression of interest principle. People interested in immigrating to Québec must first complete and submit an expression of interest. Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration then invites those whose profile corresponds to Québec’s needs to submit a permanent selection application.
- Are you interested in living in Québec? Getting informed is a simple and inexpensive way to determine if your immigration project is feasible.
- Know the conditions of the Regular Skilled Worker Program and find out about the immigration process.
- Submit an application for permanent immigration
- To apply to immigrate, you first must submit an expression of interest through Arrima. You can complete and update your expression of interest form at any time, free of charge.
- Those who have submitted an expression of interest and whose profiles meet Québec’s needs are invited by Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration to apply for permanent selection. If you receive an invitation and wish to continue with the process, you must apply for permanent selection and send the Ministère the supporting documents required to process your application.
- Submit an application for permanent residence to the Goverment of Canada
- Prepare before your departure for Québec.
You will soon discover new horizons in Québec, where you have decided to settle. Take advantage of the waiting period for your permanent residence visa to prepare yourself well and take certain steps while you are still abroad. This will ease your integration in Québec after your arrival.
- Proceed to Québec's reception service at the Montréal airport
You have arrived at your destination! Consult this section for an overview of entrance reception formalities.
- Continue taking steps to successfully integrate into Québec
To make your integration process as smooth as possible, find out about the first steps to follow when you arrive in Québec as well as the services offered by the government and its partner organizations to facilitate your integration.
Selection is made on the basis of a selection grid, with points awarded on the basis of various selection factors and criteria. The assessment of your application will determine whether you obtain a sufficient number of points to be selected by Québec. The Summary grid of factors and criteria used to select regular skilled workers presents the selection factors and criteria, but also the weighting and the passing scores that apply to skilled workers, as stipulated in Québec Immigration Regulation and the Regulation respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals.
The selection factors and criteria are designed to assess your social and professional profile (as well as your spouse’s, if applicable) and help determine your potential for integrating into the Québec labour market and Québec society? The factors and criteria considered are:
- Your training (level of education and area of training). Only diplomas obtained before the submission of your application are considered in the attribution of points for the Education Level criterion;
- Your work experience
- Your age
- Your knowledge of French and English
- Your stays in Québec and family relationship with a Canadian citizen or a permanent Québec resident
- Having a permanent employment offer validated by the Ministère. See the section International recruitment - Hiring a permanent foreign worker
- • Characteristics of your accompanying spouse or de facto spouse, if applicable
- Other factors, including the number of children under the age of 22 who will be accompanying you to Québec
- Your capacity for financial self-sufficiency (you must sign a contract in which you undertake to provide for your needs and your family’s needs for at least the first three months following your arrival in Québec).