Self Employed Program
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Come to Québec to practice a profession or business activities, alone or with others, with or without paid help
Make a start-up deposit at a financial institution located in the region where you intend to practice your trade or profession:
- C$25,000 start-up deposit if you intend to practice your trade or profession outside the Montréal Metropolitan Community (MMC) area
- C$50,000 start-up deposit if you intend to practice your trade or profession in the MMC area
- Have minimum net assets of C$100,000 in conjunction, if applicable, with your accompanying spouse or de facto spouse, and proof of its source and lawful acquisition
- Have at least two years of experience as a self-employed worker in the profession or trade you intend to practice in Québec
- Obtain, by the prescribed deadline, an attestation of learning about democratic values and the Québec values. The members of your family accompanying you (your spouse of 16 years of age or older and your dependent children of 18 years of age or older) must also obtain the attestation.
Note that even if you have already launched your career project in Québec, you may still be eligible for the SelfEmployed Worker Program, as long as the project has not yet been fully implemented. However, you will still have to observe all of the Program’s rules, which include meeting the financial requirements.
Your application will also be assessed on other factors and criteria, such as:
- Your age and the age of your spouse or de facto spouse, if applicable
- Your level of education and that of your spouse or de facto spouse, if applicable
- Your language skills in French and English and those of your spouse or de facto spouse, if applicable
- Your financial self-sufficiency
- Your visits to Québec
- Your family in Québec
Complete this form, and submit to our professional staff, you will be contacted within 2 business days by our company with a solution Apply today!